Saturday 27 June 2009

My Birthday Party!

The day before my 18th Birthday I had a small group of friends over for a party. We watched DVDs and played on my Wii and generally had a good laugh lol. So before my birthday I just had to make some invites. I decide to do them using a card folding technique that is really in vogue at the moment called the joy fold. Here is a picture of one of the invites:

DSC_0003

Hopefully you will be able to see a remarkable improvement in my photographs. This is due to my birthday present, which I was allowed to use before my birthday, a Nikon digital SLR camera.

Here are some close-ups to show you some of the detail the camera picks up on such as the texture of the cardstock and ribbon.

DSC_0005 DSC_0006

I also made a paper cake with Tags bags and more cartridge for the cricut. I filled each of the boxes with heroes and gave them as gifts to my guests. Here is a picture of this:DSC_0132

I then decided to do some baking and make myself a birthday cake. I made a chocolate sponge cake first and made it in a silicone mould I then waited for this to cool and turned it out and poured melt chocolate into the mould and placed the cake back in on top and left to cool here are the pictures:

DSC_0009  DSC_0010

DSC_0022

I then also made some other goodies. I made peppermint creams as well as coconut ice.

1 comment:

Loopylou. said...

I hope you had a lovely birthday and your cake was such a cool idea!! love the invites and the cake boxes too xxxxx